Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Amy's Office Makeover





There are few things I love more than a room makeover! So, when my principal called last spring to let me know that I would be moving from a classroom to an office, I immediately got excited. I love making spaces comfortable and inviting, but as a teacher, it's definitely on a budget! Most of what you see here has been repurposed, or let’s be honest, bought at Target, Amazon, or Hobby Lobby. First, I chose a color scheme based on some existing pieces from a former office of mine. While I really wanted to chunk everything and buy new, I also didn't want to spend a fortune. (You’re welcome, hubby!) Ultimately, I went with black and white, with touches of gold and greenery. I couldn't be happier about how it turned out! 

   

I began by laying down the rug from my old room, and added from there. The rug is a favorite of mine, and is an old Target purchase. It’s not in stock anymore, but here are a few similar options from Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon and Lowe's. Next, I added a small cubby shelf for storage, a bookshelf to store professional books, and a desk. I put some new photos in some old Hobby Lobby frames and mounted them with command strips. I found the perfect black and white curtains for the window at Target that really dressed up the space. I hung up some cute wall art from Hobby Lobby above my cubby shelves, and added gold lamp from Walmart.



I don’t know about you, but I LOVE greenery. At least, I love the look of the fake variety that I can’t possibly forget to water! I bought two sets of small plants from Amazon, and thought this was the perfect excuse to purchase a small fiddle leaf fig from QVC. I placed them around my office in some groupings with other items to add a little color. I tend to group things in threes as decorate. The “Rule of 3” works like this: Find 3 items and put them together into a grouping. Put the tallest item in the middle, and shorter ones staggered in front. Basically, just keep arranging until it looks visually appealing.


I’m so pleased with how inviting this small space turned out! I can’t wait to host teachers and parents in my new office as the school year continues!




~Amy

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig