Saturday, October 16, 2021

I Need My Monster

As I mentioned before, I use to be very active on a previous blog titled Dandelions and Dragonflies. All of my files are still active through links on the blog and on my old TpT page. However, something changed in the Google settings recently and the links are now not working and require permissions again. I didn't think much of it, just an email here or there requesting permission to view, and I really didn't think many people used my stuff any more (it may be a little out dated - esthetically). Well I was wrong! I get asked for share permissions emails now about ten times a day. My I Need A Monster packet is top of the request list right now, so I thought I'd share it with y'all. 


Here is my original post:


This week during ITBS testing I wanted to give the students a little something fun to do, as a break. So I made this fun activity to go along with the book I Need My Monster. As I have mentioned before I LOVE THIS BOOK! It is so cute. This lesson just proved that even big, bad 5th graders love this book. It also was a great book to use with Halloween just around the corner.


I mentioned that I had used this book with opinion/persuasive writing before (because the monsters are trying to persuade the little boy to allow them to be their monster). After reading the book we discussed all the different text elements we heard/saw in the book.


After discussing it, I gave each student a copy of the glyph WS, they had to answer questions as to what they would want their own monster to look like. The next day we began assembling our glyphy monsters...they came out SO cute!



 

 

The final step was that they had to write a descriptive paragraph as to what they would want their monster to look like (not what the glyph looks like, but based on their choices from the WS). 

Click here for the I Need My Monster Glyph Packet

I am also sharing my Element Bookmarks (they have cute monsters on them as well).

As I was linking the book to Amazon I found out there are other books in the series! 

Aren't these also adorable?!? Click on the picture to find them on Amazon.


 

Here is a link to a cute TpT Bundle I found for all three books by Stories by Storie - Monster Bundle

I hope you enjoy, maybe one day I'll get around to updating some of my old products.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig