Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Meet Amy


Hi I'm Amy. This is my 17th year in education. Over the years, I have held quite a few jobs. I've taught 2nd grade, 5th grade, and reading intervention. I spent 4 of those years as instructional coach at the elementary level, and an additional 3 as an instructional coach at the district level. I've also had the opportunity to lead literacy across a district for 3 years. I am currently beginning my first year as part instructional coach and part administrator in a small district in northeast Georgia.

I am a Georgia peach, but was raised by Yankees so I had to learn my love of monograms and sweet tea from my friends. I've lived in Georgia all my life, and began my teaching career in the same district I grew up in. In 2009, my husband and I moved farther outside Atlanta with the anticipation of starting a family. A few years later, I went from teaching in one of the largest districts in Georgia (where I met Jessica) to the much smaller district we live in. 



My husband and I have one son, one daughter, and two dogs. If I'm not at school, I can most likely be found at the soccer field or gymnastics gym...or let's be honest, running to Target. When I have free time (ha!), I love to read, spend time with family at the lake, and shop.

I can't wait to share this little space with you, and take you along on our adventures!



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing. It is always good to hear ones experience!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig